The Thyroid Foundation of Canada needs your help to provide thyroid patients across Canada with information and educational presentations on thyroid disease, moral support through our toll-free Help Line, and grants to fund thyroid research. Volunteers are needed for our Help Line team.
Please see this message from our President, Laz Bouros:
Board of Directors Positions Available
Director of Fundraising
Click here to learn more
The main function of this position is to raise funds for thyroid research and support operations.
- Conduct long-term planning for fundraising with the required resources and targets that addresses planned giving, corporate donations, grants, annual giving and special events (June Thyroid Month)
- Define and implement annual fundraising activities that are part of the Operation Plan
- Develop fundraising materials for the Thyroid Website, Thyrobulletin, social media, etc.
- Engage in public speaking activities as required
- Perform regular board director duties: participate in meetings, teleconferences and AGM, discuss policy issues, direction, performance and review financial data
- Collaborate with other board directors to take advantage of mutually beneficial events
- Commit to an initial appointment to the Board of one year (as per TFC By Laws)
- Commit to a reasonable amount of time for TFC business (to be determined in consultation with the board and relating to the scope of the position)
- Responds to TFC board email and other communications promptly
- Supports the Foundation’s Core Values and abide by its Code of Conduct
- Experience in fundraising for non-profit organizations including preparing fundraising plans and implementing a variety of fundraising activities
- Experience with board related activities – policy development, presentations and financial reviews
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in French an asset
- Knowledge of thyroid disease or experience with thyroid patients an asset
- Passionate about making a difference – outgoing, social, likes to engage with people
- Enjoys working with a team
- Orientation to the Thyroid Foundation of Canada
- Access to the Foundation’s resources and Medical Advisor
- Approved operational expenses reimbursed
- Opportunities to attend thyroid related conferences (relevant to TFC organization
- Gain management experience – leadership, event planning, advertising, social media, budgeting, etc.
- Make interesting stakeholder contacts – medical community government, corporations, associations, etc.
Help Line Support
Click here to learn more
• provide emotional support for patients
• provide information of thyroid disease (from our website)
• assist with using the search facility to find doctors’ names in caller’s area
• discuss types of thyroid testing
• assist with getting Health Guides or other materials
• respond to requests for someone to give a presentation to their organization
• provide advice on how to become a volunteer, a member or donate to TFC
For further Information contact us at 1-800-267-8822 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.