April is Thyroid Cancer Month
There are many types of Thyroid Disease. To bring attention to the different disorders, we are featuring a different Thyroid topic each month. For the month of March we are focusing on Thyroid Cancer.
Types of Thyroid Cancer
Thyroid Cancer Treatment
The main types of thyroid cancer are:
- Papillary thyroid cancer
- Follicular thyroid cancer
- Meducllary thyroid cancer
- Anaplastic Thyroid
Thyroid ultrasound scan
Surgery is the main treatment for thyroid cancer, followed by Radioactive Iodine (RAI), if necessary.
Thyroxine is prescribed following treatment.
The scar after surgery will fade in time and not be very noticeable from an experienced surgeon.
- Information on Thyroid Disease – Thyroid Cancer
- Surgical Treatment of Thyroid Disease
- Thyroid Cancer – Cancer.Net
- Thyroid cancer incidence in Canada: a national cancer registry analysis
- Fear of recurrence affects health-related quality of life in thyroid cancer patients, even a year after diagnosis- ATA thyroid.org