Links to the following external world wide websites are presented as a convenience to Thyroid Foundation of Canada members and web visitors. The Foundation is not responsible for the information found at these sites.
Links for Thyroid Patients
Daniel Drucker, MD, FRCP(C), FACP has created this excellent web site for thyroid patients. Dr. Drucker is a thyroid specialist at Toronto Hospital.
- Medifocus Guide to Graves’ Disease
A resource for the person with Graves’ Disease. Each guide has current and relevant Graves’ Disease research organized into categories for easy reading. Free updates are provided for 1 year. The Medifocus Guide also provides an international Graves’ Disease physician finder.
- MedHelp International
Search for non-technical thyroid articles. MedHelp International provides a database of 25,000 files including thyroid-related articles.
- The Hormone Foundation
Organization started by the Endocrine Society in 1997. Provides information on thyroid disease and other hormonal-related diseases.
- Dietitians of Canada
National professional association for dietitians, representing almost 6000 members at the local, provincial and national levels; one of the largest organizations of dietetic professionals in the world.
- CANOE: Canadian Online Explorer’s C-Health Site
CANOE’s up-to-date Canadian health news stories and health reference materials.
- Thyroid Cancer Canada
Resources and support for Canadians dealing with thyroid cancer
- Canadian Cancer Society
National, community-based organization of volunteers, whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of the quality of life of people living with cancer.
- Thyroid Cancer Net
From the Johns Hopkins Thyroid Tumor Center – information and self-help tools
Links for Thyroid Patients – International
- Thyroid Federation International
TFI is an association of thyroid patient support groups in different countries and languages around the world.
English speaking member groups
- British Thyroid Foundation
- The Australian Thyroid Foundation
- Graves’ Disease and Thyroid Foundation (U.S.)
French speaking groups
Links for Thyroid Patients – Related Conditions
Patients with the following conditions are often screened or tested for thyroid disease.
- Addison’s Disease: Canadian Addison Society
- Cushing’s Syndrome: myhealth.alberta.ca
- Diabetes: Canadian Diabetes Association
- Down Syndrome: Canadian Down Syndrome Society
- Endocrine Disorders: www.endocrineweb.com
- Hyperparathyroidism: www.mayoclinic.org
- Hypoparathyroidism: Hypoparathyroidism Association
- Lupus: Lupus Canada
- Mental Health:
Canadian Mental Health Association
Encyclopedia of Mental Health Information
- Pituitary Disorders
Hormone Health Network
Neuroendocrine Clinical Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- Turner’s Syndrome: Turner’s Syndrome Society of Canada
- Rare Diseases: NORD (National Organization for Rare Disorders)
Links for Physicians and Medical Students
- Endocrinology Clinical Practice Guidelines
Guidelines of the Canadian Medical Association
Clinical Trials and Research
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Clinical Trials: Thyroid Disease
Compiled by Center Watch, Clinical Trials Listing Service
- Clinical Trials: General
Compiled by National Institute of Health, U.S.A.
Teaching Modules and Aids
- Endocrine Pathology Index
University of Utah – This electronic laboratory includes archived images demonstrating gross and microscopic pathologic findings associated with thyroid disease states
- Endocrinology Journals
- U.S. National Library of Medicine
Databases of US National Library of Medicine
Information on 4000 US drug products. Also can search the top 200 prescriptions all at once for drug interactions.
- Endocrine Diseases
- Doctor’s Guide to The Internet
Many specialized services for physicians and patient information
- International Endocrine Societies & Organizations
- The Canadian Society of Endocrinology and Metabolism (CSEM)
- The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Endocrine Society
- European Society of Endocrinology
- Cancer of the Thyroid
University of Pennsylvania’s OncoLink
Links for Health and Community Information
- Health Canada
Find reliable, easy-to-understand health and safety information for Canadians and health professionals.
- Canadian Healthcare Network
CanadianHealthcareNetwork.ca is the destination for Canadian doctors, pharmacists, nurses and healthcare executives, and the online home of The Medical Post, Pharmacy Practice+, and Canadian Healthcare Manager.
Health information for residents of Ontario.
- Canadian Women’s Health Network
Dedicated to improving the health and lives of girls and women in Canada and the world.
- Action Without Borders
Web directory of non-profit resources arranged by geography and issue.